Residential Electric Repairs Made Simple!
Easy to Understand Electrical Troubleshooting
with Wiring Diagrams, Step by Step Instructions
and On-The-Job Electrical Pictures.
Over 3100 Home Electrical Questions and Answers!
First time visiting? Welcome!
Meet Dave The Electrician and see the Overview.
Experienced Licensed Electrical Contractor with over 38 Years in the Electrical Trade.
Content © By Dave Rongey
Residential Electric Wiring Projects
- The Process of Wiring a Home
- Methods to rewire home circuits.
- Photos including an actual set of house plans used to wire a new home.
- How to upgrade home wiring for older homes and make them safer.
- A single switch turns on a light fixture from one wall switch.
- All switches are not wired the same way. There are a few different ways to wire a light Switch.
- Wiring Diagrams for Switches will show you how to wire a light switch.
- Two three way switches will turn on one or more light fixtures from two locations, such as a hall way or stairway.
- Each pair of three way switches are wired differently, and there are different types of three way switches. The methods of wiring three way switches can be challenging.
- The Wiring Diagrams for Three Way Switches will show you how to wire a pair of 3way switches.
- One or more 4Way switches are used with two 3Way Switches to turn on one or more light fixtures from more that two locations.
- The method of wiring 4way switches with two 3way switches only requires a small modification to the switch circuit wiring.
- Wiring Diagrams for 4Way Switches will show the most common methods.
- How to wire a dimmer switch.
- Help with wiring for dimmer switches.
- Take the mystery out of wiring a Single or 3-way dimmer switch.
- How to Wire 120 Volt Outlets
- GFI and GFCI Receptacle Outlets
- Dishwasher Outlet
- Disposal Outlet
- Bedroom AFCI Outlet
- Switched Outlet
- Half Hot Outlet
- Learn about the features and benefits provided by GFI Outlets,
- Fully explained GFCI Receptacles and how they are wired.
- Single and Multiple Outlets protected by one GFCI receptacle.
- How to Wire 240 Volt Outlets
- Kitchen outlets
- Range Outlet
- Wire a Range Cord
- Oven Outlet
- Clothes Dryer Outlet
- Wire a Dryer Cord
- Wire a 3-Wire Cord
- Wire a 4-Wire Cord
- Wiring diagrams help you understand how electrical devices are wired in your home.
- See how light switches and receptacle wall outlets are wired.
- Electrical Troubleshooting and Electrical Repair for Home Electric Wiring
- Repair Electrical Circuit Problems
- Repair Lights and Fixtures
- Repair Outlets
- Upgrade Home Wiring
- Repair Light Switches
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Repairing Electric Wiring
- Overview of Splicing Wires
- Splicing Wires in a Light Fixture Box
- Splicing Wires in a Outlet Box
- How to Repair Buried Wire
- How to Splice a Buried Wire
- How to Protect a Buried Wire Splice
- Installing a Ceiling Fan.
- Where to connect the blue wire for a ceiling fan.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring connections.
- Installing an outdoor ceiling fan.
- Install a wireless remote control.
- Options for ceiling fan remote controls.
- Wiring ceiling fan remote control modules.
- Installing and Wiring Light Fixtures with Step-by-Step Photos.
- Installing Recessed Lighting.
- Installing Under Cabinet Lighting.
- How to Wire an Exhaust Fan.
- Options for lighted bathroom exhaust fans.
- Wiring switches for bathroom exhaust fans and lights.
- Installing a Baseboard Heater Circuit: Wiring a baseboard heater thermostat and electric panel circuit then wiring connections for the installed baseboard wall heater. Instructions for converting baseboard heating radiant heating.
- How To Wire a Thermostat
- Thermostat Wiring for Furnace Heating and Air Conditioning. Although many home heating and air conditioning systems have a standard type thermostat cable with color coded wires, the wires should be identified to make sure of the exact purpose for each wire.
- How to Install and Wire Smoke Detectors – Installation Guide with Photos that clearly explain how Interconnected Smoke Detectors are wired so they function properly.
- Smoke Detector Tips
- Installing Smoke Detectors
- Smoke Detector Wiring.
- Adding Smoke Detectors
- How to Fix Smoke Detector Problems
- Telephone Wiring Diagram.
- Phone jack wiring with photos and instructions.
- Steps to correctly wiring a telephone jack.
- Installing Solar Exhaust Fans.
- Attic exhaust fans are a green energy efficient solution.
- Proper attic venting reduces the load on your air conditioning system.
- Wiring a Home with Structured Insulated Panels.
- Discover SIP Homes which are energy efficient homes.
- See how different a SIP Home will be when installing electrical wiring.
- The process to size, select, and connect a home generator.
- Transfer switches for a safe home generator connection.
- Online Interactive Generator Sizing.
- Accurately estimate the size of a generator based on electrical devices to be used.
- Portable Generators
- Generators Safety
- The Electrical Load Calculator is a fully functional online and Interactive tool that will assist you with accurate panel load calculations.
- The Residential Electrical Load Calculator is Pre-Loaded with electrical information for you to chose for typical electrical loads in the home.
- General Electrical Load Requirements, Appliances and Motor Loads, Heating and Air Conditioning equipment.
Sizing Wire for a Panel: Voltage Drop Calculator
- 120volt 1 Pole 15amp 20amp, 240volt 2 Pole 30amp 50amp Circuit Breakers.
- How circuit breakers work to protect your electrical wiring.
- Properly installed circuit breakers protect home electrical wiring.
- Electrical wiring for a dryer-power-cord.
- Older 240 Volt electric power cord with 3-wire configurations.
- New 240 Volt electric power cord with 4-wire configurations.
- How to Wire a 240volt Range Cord.
- Electric Range Installation with a typical 240 Volt electric power cord wiring system for 3-wire and 4-wire configurations.
- How to Wire a 240volt Wall Oven.
- Kitchen Electric Wall Oven Installation with a typical 240 Volt electric circuit with 3-wire and 4-wire configurations.
- Junction boxes, Nail On Boxes, Cut In Boxes, 1gang box, 2gang box.
- How to select Electrical Wiring Boxes.
- Selecting the right size electrical junction box.
- Junction boxes for outlets, light fixture and electrical splices.
- THHN Copper Wire, Romex Type NM Wire, Wire Connectors.
- Understanding the different electrical wire.
- Selecting the right size and type of electrical wire.
- Electrical wire for outlets, light fixture and large electrical appliances.
- See the parts used to rewire home circuits.
- Power Conditioning and Surge Protection.
- Electric Surge Protection – Installing surge devices to help protect your home electronic devices.
- Home Power Conditioning- Electric power quality issues can create a number of problems. Learn how to prevent power quality occurrences from happening in your home.
- Electricians Pouch of Hand Tools
- Electrical Power Tools and Cordless Power Tools.
- Tools for Home Electrical Wiring, Electrical Conduit Benders.
- Do It Yourself Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Electrical Repairs
- Electrical Problems
- Home Repairs and Electrical Troubleshooting.
- Methods used to solve most home electrical system failures.
- How to Fix Electrical Wiring Problems.
- Voltage Testers for Electrical Repairs.
- Quality voltage testers that play an important part in electrical safety.
- Testers to identify electrical circuits and help prevent electrical shock.
- Electrical Diagram Symbols for Home Electrical Wiring.
- Symbols for Electrical Outlets, Outlet Symbols used in Electrical Construction
- Basic Electrical Codes for Home Electric Wiring
- AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical code outlets.
- GFCI circuits, outlets and electrical-grounding.
- Electrical Codes for electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical wiring,
electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, and smoke-detectors.
- Home Electrical Wiring Project Videos.
- Videos to help educate you about many aspects of home electrical wiring.
- Video introductions for several electrical topics and electrical projects.
The Question I have been working with, including:
- Home Electrical Wiring Projects.
- Electrical Repairs.
- Electric Codes and Electrical Wiring Methods.
- Homeowner Do-It-Yourself Electrical Projects.
Dave Rongey, over 38 years experienced as an
Electrician and Licensed Electrical Contractor,
providing Educational Tutorials about
How to Install Home Electrical Wiring
and Troubleshoot and Repair Electrical Problems.
Web Site Terms and Conditions
Are you ready to Get Started?
Click here to see Electrical Wiring Projects
Home Electrical Wiring Home Electrical Codes Electrician Training Electrical Wiring Diagrams for Dimmers and Switches Home Electrical GFCI Outlets Home Lighting Home Smoke Detectors Home Electrical Circuit Breakers Ceiling Fans and Wiring Home Generators Home Energy Saving Ideas Introduction to Green Homes Green SIP Home Wiring Home Automation Methods Wiring Relays Power Quality Solar Power Exhaust Fans
Help with Home Wiring
Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring Using Electrical Testers and Meters Home Electrical Safety Home Construction Safety Electrical Calculations and Formulas Home Electrical Codes for Home Wiring Electrical Wiring Questions
Wiring Parts and Tools
Electrical Boxes Electrical Wire Electrical Tools Testers and Meters
Home Electrical Directories
Electrical Articles Directory Wiring Diagrams Directory DIY Electrical Wiring Directory DIY Electrical Articles Electrical Articles Category Directory Recent Electrical Questions and Answers Electrical Repair Articles Listing
Electrical Wiring Resources
License Codes & Home Construction Electrician Training and Certification Electrical Wiring Resources Electrical Suppliers Electrical Tips Newsletter Free Electrical Help Home Electrical Wiring Gallery Home Electrical Wiring Videos Electrical Energy Videos
I think your site offers the the clearest and best electrical information for homeowners I have ever seen on the net.You have given me confidence to do my own projects which I never had before. THANK YOU!
Paul, from Foxboro, Massachusetts
I wish I found this site earlier, it is by far the best electrical related resource I have found on the web.
George, from Scranton, Pennsylvania
I love this site for an office worker that does not know anything about electric wiring.
Bill, from New York City, New York
This site is so much better than the 3 books I just bought, I wish I came here first.
Collin, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
Thank you for answering my question.
I was able to get this done. This site is perfect. I am glad I found it. Please keep it going.
Mike, from Chicago, Illinois
Read more Comments
Leave a Comment